Unlock an Android Phone:Forgot your Android PIN, Password Or Pattern?
Here are these methods which help you to unlock Android Phone into your Android phone when you don’t know your PIN,Password or Pattern.
Screen locks on Android Phones is an important process to keep the privacy of your content.
When you have personal, professional, and financial content on your phone, I must say locking your Android Phone has become a necessity instead of choice.
But if you forgot your phone Pin ,Password or Pattern, your Phone will be locked.
There’s a greater risk of forgetting, thanks to the fingerprint scanners on modern devices that render passwords as a backup.
Here are some methods that you can use to access your Android phone if you forget your Android password.
Are You Sure You Forgot It?
- Firstly check that you actually forgot your Android PIN, Password Or Pattern.
- After getting your Android Phone locked, If you’re trying to remember your Password that is 4 or 6-digit code, consider whether your passcode is actually a different length. This may help you remember it.
- Allow your muscle memory to do the work.Close your eyes and think about unlocking your phone , then pick up your phone and see which keys your fingers automatically move to.
If you’ve definitely forgot your Android PIN, then here are some methods to get back into your phone.
Steps to Unlock Android Phone
Method 1: Unlock Android Phone with Google Account
If you’ve entered your password five times but it is incorrect, your phone will be locked out on the sixth time.
You’ll have to wait for 30 seconds before attempting again. If you still can’t remember your password, you’ll have to admit you forgot it.
- click on the “Forgot pattern” button on the bottom of the screen.
- Here the screen opens with a Google account link with your device. After you’ve successfully logged in with your Gmail and password, you can now draw a new pattern.
Note : This method only works for Android phones running Android 4.4 KitKat or older. Your phone also needs to have an internet connection for this method to work.
Method 2: Unlock Android Phone with Find My Device
For Android devices running Android 4.4 and above, Find My Device (previously known as Android Device Manager) used to be one way to unlock your Android device.
With the recent update of this feature, you can only use it to locate a missing phone or tablet using the web or another device and to display a message or phone number to the screen in case someone found your lost device.
But in case you own a Samsung phone, and if you added a Samsung account to your Samsung device, you’re in luck.
Samsung has a similar feature called “Find My Mobile” that lets you unlock your Samsung device. Please, follow the steps below:
- Enabling the “Remote unlock” feature for this method to work. It’s turned on automatically when you add a Samsung account to your Samsung device.
- Visit the Find My Mobile website on your favorite browser.
- Sign in with the Samsung account that is linked to your locked Samsung device.
- From the list of options, choose the Samsung device you wish to unlock.
- Once your device has been located, click Unlock, and then click Unlock again.
- When prompted, enter your Samsung account password, and then click Next to finish.
This will reset the Lock screen security type you’ve originally set up to swipe only.
Method 3: Unlock Android Phone with Factory Data Reset
If you are not using any Samsung account or Google account then you may need to follow this method to unlock your Android Phone.
Here’s how to do that:
- Turn off your Android device
- After the screen goes black,Press the Power button and Volume Down key for a few seconds until you see the logo of your device. Once the logo shows up on the screen, release the Power button but keep pressing the Volume Down key until your phone enters recovery mode.
- Use the volume key to navigate the menu and the Power button to select. Go to “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, it will erase everything (settings and data) on your phone. That’s why it’s always good to back up your Android phone.
Once you reset your Android phone, you’ll have to set up your phone again from scratch.
Note: Remove the SD card if your phone has. It will ensure any files stored there to be preserved.
Method 4: Unlock Android Phone Without Losing Data
If you don’t have a Google account and don’t want to factory reset your phone, your best option is to use an Android Lock Screen Removal tool.
Dr.Fone is a good option, go ahead, download, and install it on your computer.
Follow these steps below:
- Download and install the software on your computer.
- Click on “Unlock” from the main screen
- A new window will show up, then connect your phone to the computer with a USB cable
- Follow the instructions on the screen to enter your phone into Download Mode
- The software will download the appropriate recovery package for your phone
- Once the download is complete, the software will perform a complete analysis of your device and remove the password.
- Takes a few mins, and your phone will restart and your password/pattern or pin will be removed.
There shouldn’t be any data loss during this process.