Telangana extends the lockdown : To keep the cases of coronavirus under control, first states were imposing lockdown and now they are extending the lockdown it, keeping the need the doing so in mind. The announcement was made by Chandrashekhar Rao on Tuesday.
The state government had imposed a lockdown on May 12 which was supposed to end on May 22. But, now it has been extended till May 30. The shops were allowed to open for 4 hours during the lockdown staring from 6 am to 10 am.
“Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao has decided to extend the lockdown in the State up to May 30. The CM spoke with the Ministers over the phone and elicited their opinion. After receiving the opinion of the Cabinet Ministers, the CM has decided to extend the lockdown till May 30,” an official communication said.
During this time, the following guidelines will be followed.
- Passenger vehicles shall be regulated on the borders of the state. Only the movement of commodities shall be permitted.
- All the public transport services shall function from 6 am to 10 am.
- Health care workers and passengers will be allowed to move to access medical services.
- Inter-state transport services shall remain suspended
- A person needing home isolation must follow the isolation rules, else he/she will be subjected to penal action.
- All the establishments, government and private, shall pay wages/salaries of their workers/employees, including the ones working under contract or outsourcing basis. Any violation to this rules shall be taken seriously.
- If a marriage is already fixed, then the gathering shall ensure social distancing, wearing of masks and other measures. The maximum number of people allowed is 40.
- For funeral or last rites, not more than 20 people will be allowed and all of them must follow the guidelines.
Telangana recently recorded 3,982 COVID-19 cases in a day. Coronavirus claimed the lives of 27 patients in the last 24 hours, making the fatality count rise to 3,012.