Self-confidence is a vital part of humanity.
-  Self-confident persons are liked by everyone, because they are willing to take risks to achieve their personal and professional goals, and think positively about the future.
-  Low self-esteem (Someone who lacks self-confidence)Persons are less likely to feel that they can achieve their goals, and liable to have a negative perspective about themselves and what they hope to gain in life.
-  Self-confidence is something which you can improve! Building self-confidence requires you to prepare a positive attitude about yourself and your social interactions, while also learning to deal with any negative emotions that arise and practicing greater self-care. You should learn to set goals and take risks, as well, since meeting challenges can further improve your self-confidence.
-  Self-confident people seem calm with themselves and their work. They invite trust and encourage confidence in others.
-  Self-confidence is defined as a feeling of trust in yourself about abilities, qualities, and judgment. Self-confidence is also important to your health and psychological well-being.Those Having a healthy self-confidence level can help them to become successful in their personal and professional life.
What is a confident person?
A confident person:
- does what they believe is right, even if it’s unpopular
- is willing to take risks
- admits their mistakes and learns from them
- is able to accept a compliment
- is optimistic.
What Is Self-Confidence – and Why Is It Important?
Self-confidence means feeling confident about yourself, trusting your own judgment, capacities and abilities. It’s about valuing yourself and feeling worthy, in spite of any imperfections or what others may believe about you.
It encourages us to believe that, if we learn and work hard in a particular area, we’ll succeed. It’s this type of confidence that leads people to accept difficult challenges and keep going in the face of setbacks .
Self Confidence can be built up by activities which encourage you to think good about yourself. I am here with some handy tips to help you out.
Here are these 6 ways to help you feel better and build up your self confidence.
6 Ways to Build Your Self-Confidence
- Always think about what you’ve already achieved
Prepare a notebook related to a list of all those things which you can do and proudly say about them whether it is about good marks on an exam or learning to surf.
Keep the list with yourself and add new achievements to it whenever you do something you’re proud of.
When you feel low in confidence, take out that notebook and use it to affirm yourself of all the awesome stuff you’ve done.
Your self-confidence will increase when you’re able to say, “I can do this, and here are my achievements.” As a part of your Personal SWOT Analysis, you’ll have identified things that you’re good at, based on your past achievements.
- Don’t Comparing Yourself to Others
According to a Research the people who compared themselves to others experienced jealousy. And the more jealousy they experienced, the worse they felt about themselves.
Whether you compare how you look to your friends on Facebook or you compare your salary to your friend’s income, etc comparisons are not healthy.
If you’re feeling jealous of someone else’s life, remind yourself of your own strengths and successes. Consider keeping an ongoing gratitude journal to help you focus on your own life and not the lives of others.
When you notice you are making comparisons,always remember that it is not helpful. Everyone is running their own race and life is not a competition to others.
- Talk yourself up
You’re never going to feel confident if you have negative commentary running through your mind telling you that you’re not good. Think about your self-talk and how that might be affecting your self-confidence. Treat yourself like you would your best friend and cheer yourself on.
- Surround Yourself With Positive People
Make a company of those people whose involvement is good for you or who give positivity towards you.
Your friends are those who can change your opinion in seconds, maybe it is related to you or something else .
Surround yourself with people who lov0e you and want the best for you.
- Take Care of Your Body
Taking care of yourself is important as It plays a crucial role in developing self confidence. Health is wealth and comes with many benefits. If you practice self-care, you know you’re doing something positive for your mind, body, and spirit, and you’ll naturally feel more confident.
Here are a few tips for self-care practices linked to higher levels of self-confidence:
- Diet :
When you take the right amount of fuel to your body, you feel healthier, stronger, and more energized, which can result in feeling better about yourself.
As Studies say physical activity boosts confidence. An article published in 2016 ,Neuropsychiatric Disease and Treatment found that regular physical activity improved participants’ body image. And when their body image improved, they felt more confident.
Meditation can help boost self-confidence in several ways. Like it helps you to recognize and accept yourself. It also teaches you to stop negative self-talk and disconnect from any mental chatter interfering with your self-confidence.
Plenty of sleep can make a change in your emotions, whereas good, quality sleep has been linked with positive personality traits, including optimism and self-esteem.
Taking 7 to 9 hours of sound sleep every night can help you look and feel better. It can help you have a more positive attitude and more energy.
- Get a hobby
Hobby is an activity,which is done for enjoyment and the person is passionate about it. It may be photography, sport, knitting or anything else!
Find out your hobby and work on it, you would feel better. If you are interested or passionate about a certain activity, you are more likely to be motivated and you will build skills more quickly.