Lockdown in Assam: On Tuesday, Assam announced a complete lockdown in 7 districts of the state starting from 7th July till further notice.
This is going to be a round-the-clock curfew in Goalpara, Golaghat, Jorhat, Lakhimpur, Sonipur, Biswanath and Morigaon. Even the commercial setups and inter-state movement has been suspended by the government of Assam.
“There will be total containment in 7 districts showing high positivity rate in recent days and these are Goalpara, Golaghat, Jorhat, Lakhimpur, Sonitpur, Biswanath and Morignon district,” ANI tweeted an Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) order as saying.
Here’s a list of things you need to know:
- The other districts—Sivasagar, Dibrugarh, Kokrajhar, Barpeta. Nalbari, Baksa, Bajali, Kamrup, Darang, Nagaon, Hojai, Tinsukia, Dhemaji, Cachar, Karimganj and Karbi Anglong—will remain under lockdown from 2 to 5 pm.
- Dhubri, Kamrup (M), South Salmara, Majuli, Bongaigaon, Chirang, Udalguri. West Karbi Anglong. Dima Hasao, Charaidco and Hailakandi will remain under lockdown from 5 PM to 5 AM.
- All the businesses, commercial establishments, shops, restaurants, roadside eateries etc will remain shut until further notice.
- In the districts showing improved positivity rate will have the above-mentioned businesses open up to 4 pm.
- There is a total ban on public and private transports in total containment districts but the movement of goods will continue.
- Public gathering is prohibited and only up to 10 people can gather at a place in weddings and funerals.
- Face masks are compulsory in all public places.