Diwali Recipes :Rice Kheer :As we all know Diwali is coming and it is a 5 days celebration of Diwali. With Diwali Home Decoration there are also Diwali Recipes : Rice Kheer.
In my old blogs, I shared with you about the Diwali celebration and Diwali Home Decoration items with ideas.
In this blog we will learn How to make Kheer? # Diwali Recipes: Rice Kheer Recipe.
Without wasting the time, I am sharing my mom’s special recipes with you.
Here is the recipes first one is related to
Rice Kheer Recipe
This is very Special for Laxmi Pujan, to offer Goddess Laxmi at the time of worship.
Prep Time 20 mins
Cook Time 30 mins
Total Time 50 mins
- 1/4 cup rice 50 grams, My Mom uses basmati rice
- 3-4 green cardamom pods slightly crushed
- 1 liter whole milk full cream
- 4-5 tablespoons sugar 50-62.5 grams, adjust to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped nuts Mom uses chopped cashews & almonds, pistachios, raisins.
- 1.5 teaspoons of saffron optional, you can also use rose water or kewra essence instead of it.
- Rinse the rice, until the rice is washed clearly. Then soak it in enough water for 20 to 30 minutes.
Basmati rice takes 20 to 30 minutes otherwise, 15 to 20minutes is enough..
- Meanwhile rice grains are soaking,take the milk in the heavy wide pan (Patila).
- Keep the pan on low to medium flame.Stir at intervals so that the milk does not stick at the bottom of the pan.
- Let the milk come to a boil.
- Take 1 tablespoon milk from the pan in a small bowl. Let the milk become warm. Then add a few saffron strands to the milk. Keep aside.
- After the milk begins to boil, take off all the water from the rice and add it to the hot boiling milk.
- Mix very well with a spoon.
- Simmer and cook rice on low heat. No need to cover the pan when the rice is cooking.
- Cook the rice grains till they are 50% done or half-cooked.
- Then add 5 to 6 tablespoons of sugar or add as required. You can add raw sugar or white sugar. I generally use unrefined raw sugar.
- Mix the sugar in the milk.
- Continue to cook rice on low to medium-low flame. Do stir at intervals
- Simmer till the rice is almost cooked.
- Then add ½ teaspoon cardamom powder.
- Add 1 tablespoon each of sliced almonds, chopped cashews and sliced pistachios.
You can include various other nuts according to your preferences.
- Mix well.
- Then add the saffron solution milk.
- Again mix and continue to cook on low flame till the rice kheer thickens and the rice grains have completely cooked.
- Switch off the gas when the rice grains are completely cooked. The kheer will also thicken. On cooling, rice kheer thickens more. Scrape milk solids from the sides of the pan and add to the kheer.
- Lastly add 1 tablespoon golden raisins. At this step you can add 1 tablespoon rose water or kewra water(Optional).
- Pour the kheer in serving bowl. You can serve the rice kheer, hot or warm or chilled. Refrigerate leftover rice kheer and use it within 1 to 2 days. You can eat it cold, or reheat it until warm.
- Prefer basmati rice if possible. If you don’t have basmati rice then use any fragrant rice variety or long-grained rice or your regular rice.
- Amount of dry fruits, nuts and sugar can be adjusted as per your taste.
- Use whole milk to make the kheer. It makes it so much creamier.
- If the kheer become very thick add little more milk and reheat.